This classic vegetarian dish is full of flavour with spicy vegetables and chickpeas. Try adding a chopped fresh red chilli for added heat.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30-40 minutes
Per serving: 297 calories
You will need:
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 orange pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 100g canned chickpeas
- 2 tsp ras-el-hanout paste
- 300ml vegetable stock
- ground black pepper
- 75g couscous (dry)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the vegetables, ras-el-hanout and stock, seasoned with black pepper, in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat for 35-40 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous and 80ml boiling water in a bowl, cover and leave for the water to absorb.
- Fluff up with a fork and serve with the spicy Moroccan vegetables, topped with coriander.
If you’re looking for further inspiration for your Lite or Management meals, you can purchase the Living Lighter Every Day recipe book here