Your Questions Answered
If you have any questions about LighterLife you’ve come to the right place, it’s here you’ll find out more about the LighterLife programme.
We have answers to your most frequently asked questions, but if you need to know more please drop us a line using our contact form or give us a call, we’d love to hear from you. LighterLife is now available nationwide.
Why should I try LighterLife?
LighterLife was developed by experts with many years’ experience of working with people with weight issues. Our approach has helped hundreds of thousands of men and women. Using proven techniques we’ll help you understand why you eat the way you do, giving you new ways to make better choices now and in the future. We understand this takes practice and support, and that’s why we focus on long-term weight management, healthy eating and active living to help you sustain and balance your weight loss.
What will I eat and drink?
What you’ll eat will depend on the LighterLife plan you decide to follow. Once you’ve chosen the plan that fits your lifestyle, you can choose the Foodpacks and products you need from our range to get started on the programme. When you receive your Foodpacks you’ll get advice on how to prepare them and exactly what you can eat and drink while on your chosen plan.
Can’t I do a normal diet?
Of course you could, we are constantly being told to eat less and move more. Have you tried to lose weight like that before? We help people who aren’t satisfied with their “normal” – who’ve had enough and are craving change. LighterLife empowers you to change your life and open up a world of possibilities. And you don’t have to do it alone, we’re here to help because we know it takes courage to choose to change. We also know you can do it.
Eating with my family?
Your family is probably the most important thing in your life. Family mealtimes are really special, and you don’t want to give them up. Here’s the good news, you won’t have to. You’ll still be able to sit down with the family at mealtimes, join in the chatter and have delicious food. For example, LighterLife porridge at breakfast, soup at lunchtime and a delicious dish such as spaghetti bolognese in the evening.
I don’t think I can afford it
Have you thought about how much you spend on food just for you? You’d be surprised, in fact, you may be shocked. Oh, and don’t forget the little snacks and treats that aren’t part of the weekly shop. Or the drinks and takeaways. It all adds up. In fact, many people who lose weight with LighterLife find they actually save money because they are spending less on food. But in a way, that’s the wrong approach. Because LighterLife is more than just another figure in your household bills. It’s actually an investment in you.
Won’t I be hungry?
You’d think that you would be hungry but the body does a clever thing. When you are on the LighterLife programme your body raids the fat deposits, it knows there is something serious going on and that you’re not going to be getting the food you usually do. So, it simply stops you being hungry. That means you can stick to the programme more easily. And while this is going on, you’ll be working in your group on re-educating your body and brain about what you’ll be eating in the future. The new you is just around the corner.
Dieting, socialising & friends
They’re your friends, right, and just want you to be happy? So why would they do anything to stop you being happy? The truth is, if you took each of them to one side and explained how you felt about your body and what you want to achieve, they’d support you every step of the way. That’s not to say social occasions are always easy: when there’s pressure to have an extra drink or a meal you don’t really need. We’ll help you discover strategies to cope, so that you still have the fun without having to eat the food.
How do I join LighterLife?
LighterLife is available nationwide. Simply enter your postcode here to find out what’s available in your area.
Type 2 diabetes
LighterLife may be suitable for you as long as your GP agrees to set up an appropriate management plan and monitor your medication regularly.
If you have an eating disorder or have had one in the past, please discuss with your GP or psychiatrist whether LighterLife may be a suitable way for you to lose weight.
Can I exercise on LighterLife?
Yes, an active lifestyle is really important for your health. Simply choose something you enjoy and do it regularly, such as walking, swimming, going to the gym or an exercise class. If you’re already enjoying an active lifestyle and are quite fit, just take it steady at first. If you’re new to it, please speak to your GP, particularly if you have any medical conditions that could be affected by physical activity.
What tea can I drink on LighterLife?
Only tea made from the leaf is suitable on the LighterLife programme, for example; Breakfast, Peppermint, Green and Earl Grey. Click here for the full list.
Where can I find more information on Foodpack Subscriptions?
We have a full subscriptions FAQ’s page available on our online Members Area here.
Taking Foodpacks Abroad?
Remember to pack our Foodpack Explanation letter and our Ingredients List, just in case you need to show them at Customs. Click below to download a copy, which you can save on your phone or print out.
Download the letter here
For the Ingredients list, click here
What is ketosis & what makes it effective?
Restricting carbs to switch the body into ketosis – its ‘fat-burning’ mode – is an increasingly popular way of losing weight.
On a ketogenic diet, carbohydrate intake is restricted to around 50g a day, causing the body to switch from burning carbs for energy into a mostly fat-burning state called ketosis. Your body will go into ketosis around day 3 of the programme.
On LighterLife Total, the body switches from using carbs from food as its preferred source of energy to using up its stored fat instead. In a nutshell, it’s like having a choice of energy from fresh food, food in the fridge or food in the freezer. The body uses carbohydrates (glucose) from recently digested food for its immediate energy needs. When this is gone, the body raids the ‘fridge’ – that’s glycogen, a carbohydrate store in the liver and muscles. After that is depleted, energy is taken from its ‘freezer’ by breaking down stored body fat.
Another huge plus-point of being in ketosis is a lack of hunger, caused by the effects ketone bodies have on the hormones that regulate appetite.
Purchase our LighterLife Ketone sticks LighterLife Ketone sticks to check you are burning fat and drinking enough water.
And did you know?
LighterLife Way abides by the ethical framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, as well as the guidelines for the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, plus numerous other regulatory bodies.
- How do I book a group? To book a group simply visit our online shop here: Lighterlife Groups
- I can’t make my group time anymore – can I change group? If you can no longer make your weekly group time, you can change your group by contacting our lovely Customer Care Team. The number to ring from a landline is Freephone* 0800 2 988 988 or from a mobile call 0203 441 2668. We are available between 9am – 5:30pm Mon – Fri.
- How do I cancel my group subscription? To cancel your group subscription please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday on:
UK: 0800 2 988 988
UK Local number: 0203 441 2668
Alternatively, please email us: email@example.com
- I just want to buy Foodpacks, I don’t want to join a group. We find that those who join our weekly counselling sessions have a better success rate of losing and keeping the weight off for the long term. However, you can buy Foodpacks from our online shop without joining a group.
- Can I attend the same group as a family member or friend? To enable people to explore their relationship with food, self and body, it’s essential they have the opportunity to speak openly in their group meetings. For this reason we recommend that friends and members of your family don’t join the same group as you. We recommend that friends and members of your family don’t join the same group as you, as it may be difficult for them to be objective during group discussions and this can sometimes prevent the group from working effectively.
- Is there a minimum or maximum order? There is no minimum or maximum order, however, below an order of £100 there is a shipping charge.
- How often can I order Foodpacks? You can order Foodpacks as often as you wish via the online shop.
- Where is my order? Orders are despatched as soon as possible via courier or Royal Mail. If your order is dispatched by courier, you should receive an email when they have collected your order from our warehouse and another stating the expected delivery time and date. You are usually supplied with a tracking number to track your parcel on the courier website. If your order is dispatched via Royal Mail, you will receive a dispatch email only. There is no tracking numbers for Royal Mail deliveries.
- Can I amend or cancel my order? We will start to process your order straight away and as a result we cannot change your order after it has been placed, if you wish to update the delivery address please see the delivery FAQ. If you wish to cancel your order please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday on UK: 0800 2 988 988 or UK Local number: 0203 441 2668 and they will help you. Alternatively, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I exchange my products once I’ve ordered? Once our perishable good leave the warehouse they cannot be returned if you change your mind.
- What do I do if I’ve ordered the wrong item? Please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday on UK: 0800 2 988 988 or UK Local number: 0203 441 2668 and they will advise you. Alternatively, please email us: email@example.com
- What do I do if my order is wrong? If you think your order is wrong please contact us as soon as possible with your order number and we will investigate further.
- What do I do if I haven’t received my order? Please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday on UK: 0800 2 988 988 or UK Local number: 0203 441 2668 and they will investigate this for you. Alternatively, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why haven’t I been asked to enter a 3 digit security code when entering my payment details? If you have saved your card details to your account online then they are stored on Paysafe. This means you won’t be asked to re-enter details when processing a new payment. If you are concerned about your card details being saved and would like to enter them in fresh every time you make a transaction online then we recommend that you do not save your card details. This is not a default action. If you have any questions regarding this then please do email us at email@example.com
- How do I change my delivery address? Please visit here to change your delivery address. Alternatively you can change your delivery address when placing an order. If you have already placed an order and wish to change the delivery address please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday on UK: 0800 2 988 988 or UK Local number: 0203 441 2668 and they will try to help. Alternatively, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where do you deliver to? We currently only offer delivery for LighterLife2U to the UK
- How much do you charge for delivery? We offer free delivery on orders over £70. For orders less than this, our standard delivery cost is £7.50.
- What delivery options are available? Orders placed by 2pm Monday to Friday, will be processed the same day, so you should expect delivery 1-3 working days from placing your order. (2-4 days for locations outside of the British mainland e.g. Isle of Man, Channel Islands, etc)
- What happens if I’m out when my order is delivered? If your order is dispatched by courier and no-one is available to sign for it, the courier company will leave a card with instructions. They will usually attempt to redeliver the parcel the next working day. If your order is dispatched by Royal Mail and is too big to fit through your letterbox, they will usually leave a card with instructions on how to pick up your parcel.
- I have received my item and it’s damaged? Please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday on UK: 0800 2 988 988 or UK Local number: 0203 441 2668 and they will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you. Alternatively, please email us: email@example.com
- Delivery Exceptions Next working day delivery may not be available in the following postcodes:
Destination Postcodes Aberdeen AB31-35, AB41-54 Argyll, Arran FK17-21, KA27, KA28, PA20-78, PH30-31, PH34-44, PH49-99 Cornwall TR21-25 Dundee PH15-18 Orkney Shetland KW15-17, ZE-ALL Nothern Highlands AB36-38, AB55-56, HS1-9, IV-ALL, KW0-14, PH19-29, PH32-33, PH45-48 Northern Ireland All BT postcodes
Orders to these postcodes may require an additional working day for delivery.
Please note that our carrier cannot deliver on a bank holiday. Any orders placed on a bank holiday will be processed the following business day
- How do I return an item which is faulty? Please call our Customer Care Team between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday on UK: 0800 2 988 988 or UK Local number: 0203 441 2668 and they will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you. Alternatively, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Returns of perishable items In the case of perishable products (including Lighterlife Foodpacks, meal replacements, and ancilliary food and drink products), if the products received are damaged and you notify us within fourteen days of delivery, we will ask for them to be returned, and we will replace your damaged items and pay the cost of return postage. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Returns of non perishable items We hope you will be happy with your purchase, and we take care to ensure the products are provided to you in good condition. However, should you feel it necessary to return an item because they are damaged or not in accordance with your order, we aim to make the returns process as simple as possible.
When returning your non-perishable products, you are responsible for any postage and/or courier costs unless the products we supplied to you were damaged when delivered or were not in accordance with your order. In those two instances only we will refund your postage costs when we have received and inspected the returned items.
- I have another question not answered hereSame answer as below
- I just want to speak to someone!If you have a question which isn’t answered above, or you just want to speak to someone, our friendly Customer Service Team is available to chat between 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday. Simply give them a call for free on:
UK Freephone: 0800 2 988 988 UK Local number: 0203 441 2668
Alternatively you can write to us at:
LighterLife UK Limited, Cavendish House, Parkway, Harlow Business Park, Essex, CM19 5QF