Serves 2, 296kcal per serving
- 250g plain tofu, cubed
- 3cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 red pepper and 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 pak choi, finely chopped (bulb and leaves)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- Lightly brown the tofu all over under a hot grill, then set aside.
- Cook the ginger, garlic and chilli in 3 tbsp of the stock in a non-stick pan over a low heat for 4-5 mins, until softened.
- Stir in the coriander and spices and cook for 2 mins, then add 50ml boiling water and simmer for 2 mins. Add the tofu and simmer for 10 mins, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining stock in a wok or deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the peppers, spring onions and chopped pak choi bulb, and stir-fry for 3-4mins.
- Mix in the pak choi leaves, soy sauce, sesame seeds and tofu and stir-fry for 1-2 mins until the leaves have wilted.