What are cookies?
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data. They are placed on your computer or other device by the websites you visit.
Different kinds of cookies do different things ranging from making a website work to making it easier to use and enabling website owners to understand more about their visitors.
- Ensure your privacy is safeguarded in any secure area
- Gather information about which pages are most relevant to visitors
- Store details you enter into our calculators, tools and demos so you can make the most of our online services
- Store details of your marketing, product and other preferences to enhance your visits
- Evaluate how effective our advertising and promotions have been to improve our performance
- Store information which means that you can be personally identified
- Track your browsing after you’ve left our websites
- Sell or distribute cookie data (without your consent
What happens if I turn off cookies in my browser?
Up-to-date browsers give you the option to accept or decline cookies. This is a global setting that applies to every website you visit.
If you do switch off cookies at a browser level, your device won’t be able to accept cookies from any website. This means you will struggle to access the secure area of any website you use and you won’t enjoy the best browsing experience when you are online.
If you want to change the cookies settings in the browser you’re currently using, please go to:
the online help section for your browser settings > under the bonnet > content settings > cookies settings > internet options > privacy > advanced (this will depend on your browser)
How We Use the Information
LighterLife uses your personal information to maintain and manage your account, deliver services that you have requested, and generally enhance your experience on our website. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Locating and putting you in touch with the Counsellor in your area
- Processing and tracking your membership and magazine subscriptions
- Processing your request to become a LighterLife Counsellor
- Providing the services you request
- Sending you magazine renewal notifications
- Sending you other administrative communications
- Sending you surveys
- Provide you with information which may be of interest to you from time to time (if you consent to receiving this)
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in search functions as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.