This healthy traditional Lancashire hotpot is the perfect option for the colder weather. It’s really filling and tasty and the rosemary gives it a distinctive and delicious flavour.
For vegetarian version switch out the lamb for meaty mushrooms such as chestnut, oyster or shitake.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 45 minutes
Per serving: 287 kcal
You will need:
300ml (1/2 pint) LighterLife Savoury Stock
200g lean diced lamb (all visible fat removed)
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 celery stick, roughly chunks
1/2 swede, peeled and roughly chopped
160g (5oz) baby carrots
2 rosemary sprigs, halved
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
freshly ground black pepper
1 aubergine, thinly sliced
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
160g (5oz) broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas 3.
- Cook the lamb with a splash of hot stock in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned. Add the onion, celery, swede, carrots, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining stock, season with black pepper, bring to the boil and cook until the veg is tender.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a casserole dish and top with the sliced aubergine, then cover and cook for 1 hour 15 mins.
- Uncover, turn the temperature up to 200°C, gas 6 and cook for 15 minutes, or until the aubergine is colouring and crisping up.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli, then serve with the hotpot, sprinkled with the parsley.
If you’re looking for further inspiration for your Lite or Management meals, you can purchase the Living Lighter Lite recipe book here