Lettuce leaves make a great substitute for flatbread in many dishes – including this version of the classic southeast Asian mince dish.
Serves 1, per serving: 194 kcal, 24g protein, 13g carbs, 3g fat, 11g fibre
- 150g Quorn mince
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Baby gem lettuce leaves
- In a non-stick pan, cook the mince, coriander, garlic, mint and ginger over a medium heat for around 5 mins.
- Stir in the soy sauce and lime juice, and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Serve as a stuffing for the lettuce leaves.
- Add a little chilli if you want to spice this dish up.
- Later on in Management you can adapt this to include finely chopped shallots, spring onions and the traditional rice (perfect for using up leftovers).
Click here to download and print this recipe.