Tofu is a really versatile ingredient, soaking up flavour like a sponge – so it’s idea for marinating.
Serves 1, per serving: 207 kcal, 23g protein, 6g carbs, 11g fat, 1g fibre
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 150g firm tofu pieces
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- Mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and 5 spice.
- Add the tofu and marinate for 30 minutes, then remove, reserving the marinade.
- Cook the tofu under a medium-hot grill for 6 minutes each side, until it’s all starting to colour up and go crispy.
- Serve with the baby spinach, drizzled with the left-over marinade.
- This is also great with precooked king prawns – marinate in the fridge, then serve.
- Foodpack matches: great with a Thai Noodles FastPot, or try with half a Peanut bar crumbled over the finished salad.
Click here to download and print this recipe.