A classic quick meal for any time of the day.
Serves 1, per serving: 187 kcal, 18g protein, 1g carbs, 12g fat, 1g fibre
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large handful salad leaves
- fat-free salad dressing
- Whisk the eggs and water in a bowl. Season with black pepper and stir in the basil and chives.
- Pour into a non-stick frying pan and cook over a low heat for 4-5 mins, or until the omelette is set and golden brown underneath.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill, then slide in the pan to cook the top of the omelette until golden.
- Serve with the salad leaves and fat-free salad dressing.
- Vary the herbs – oregano and thyme also work well.
- For a bit of a twist, use coriander and a pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli.
Click here to download and print this recipe.