Serves 2, 293 kcal per serving
- 350g rump steak
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp five-spice
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 160g whole mushrooms
- 160g tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 80g carrots, grated
- 80g cucumber, diced
- 2 large crisp lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Put the steaks in a shallow dish. Mix the soy sauce, five-spice and 1 tbsp of the balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, pour over the steaks, then marinate in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- Preheat the grill, remove the steaks from the marinade and grill to your liking (2-3 mins each side rare, 4-5 mins each side medium, 5-6 mins each side well done).
- Leave to rest for 5 mins while you grill the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Thinly slice the steaks and mix with the spring onions, carrots and cucumber.
- Serve on the lettuce leaves, drizzled with the balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, and the tomatoes and mushrooms on the side, scattered with the parsley.