Baked pasta, peas and a crunchy, cheesy topping make a simple, nutritious lunch or dinner.
Serves 1, per serving: 399 kcal, 25g protein, 54g carbs, 11g fat, 4g fibre
- 50g dry fusilli pasta
- 40g frozen peas
- 30g half-fat Cheddar cheese
- 30g low-fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp skimmed milk
- pinch nutmeg
- ¼ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Handful salad leaves
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for 8 mins. Add the peas and continue to cook for 3 mins, or until everything is tender, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce by blending half the Cheddar with the soft cheese, milk, nutmeg and mustard in a processor until you’ve got a smooth paste.
- Add the parsley, season with black pepper then gently heat the sauce in a non-stick pan until warmed through.
- Put the tomatoes, peas and pasta into a heatproof dish. Stir through the cheese sauce, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and the rest of the Cheddar, then cook under a preheated grill for a few minutes, until the top is crisp and golden brown. Serve with the salad leaves.
Vary the veggies – try mushrooms, red onion and sweet peppers.