The perfect brunch is made even better with a fresh strawberry topping.
Serves 1, per serving: 322 kcal, 19g protein, 45g carbs, 9g fat, 10g fibre
- 1 large egg
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 40ml skimmed milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices wholegrain bread (approx 45g each)
- 80g strawberries, halved
- Whisk the egg, cinnamon, nutmeg and milk in a bowl. Season with black pepper and pour into a shallow dish. Add the bread a slice at a time, turning over until well coated.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the bread and cook gently for 2-3 mins, until set and golden-brown underneath. Turn it over and cook the other side.
- Serve immediately with the strawberries.
Add a couple of drops of vanilla essence to the egg mixture before soaking the bread.