As a LighterLife client you’ll find full instructions for mixing your Foodpacks on each packet, including recommended water quantities – but it’s fine to increase or decrease the amount of water you add, according to your own personal taste. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Mix your favourite shake with cold water and some ice to make it extra cool – perfect for Summer days.
- When mixing hot shakes and soups, add hot water and stir or whisk well, but don’t shake with boiling water.
- Once mixed, eat your Foodpacks within 15 minutes to get the maximum nutrition, as the water-soluble vitamins they contain may start to break down in the presence of air and water.
- All microwave instructions are based on an 800W category E microwave, so cooking times may vary according to microwave capacity.
Foodpack Hacks you’d wished you’d tried sooner!
- Pep up plain water with our delicious LighterLife water-flavouring Drink Mixes. You can also enjoy these with sparkling water for a refreshing fizzy drink.
- Add red Tabasco sauce or black pepper to your soups and other savoury meals.
- Create your very own LighterLife scones – mix your porridge Foodpack into a paste, shape into balls and bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes on 160°c.
- Transform your Chocolate Mug Cake into a chocolate waffle dream by cooking in a waffle maker rather than the microwave. You can thank us later!
- Master a LighterLife muffin – mix your pancake Foodpack into a paste, place in a muffin case and bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes on 160°c.
- Need a caffeine hit? Add a teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso shot to your favourite shake.
- Make a mint Chocolate Shake with mint tea instead of water – steep three or four mint teabags in a jug of hot water, leave to cool, then use to mix your shake.
- To make your shake into a tasty ice cream just add your sweet Foodpack to crushed ice, add some water (roughly an egg cup sized amount) and whizz with a blender – voila!
- Make a LighterLife trifle.
If you try one of the LighterLife Foodpack hacks, share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.