Our FlexiFasting plan
For those who want flexible, longer term weight loss, FlexiFasting is a diet that can fit around your lifestyleFind a Meeting & Get started
FlexiFast Plan: A flexible approach to losing weight
Our FlexiFasting plan is a type of intermittent fasting, where you significantly reduce your Calorie intake on some days by replacing some or all of your ordinary food with our tasty, nutritious Foodpacks, and then eat normally on the other days.
FlexiFast is as flexible as you want to be: you choose how many Foodpacks to have, alongside your conventional food choices, and lose weight at your own pace. And the great thing is that with each Foodpack you’re getting at least a quarter of your daily nutrition – including protein, fibre, fats, carbs and at least 22 essential vitamins and minerals – for around just 150-200 kcal a pack.
For the best results with your FlexiFast plan, join a LighterLife Mentor and weekly CBT Mindfulness sessions, where you can develop the tools to really understand your relationship with food – and with yourself. It’s the best way to keep your lost weight off!
To find out more on how we can support you on your LighterLife Journey and what the options are in your area, just click here.
What you do on FlexiFasting days
- Replace all your meals with 4 LighterLife Foodpacks – giving you 100% nutrition for a total of just 600-800 kcal each day.
- Or replace 2 of your meals with 2, 3 or 4 Foodpacks, and have 1 conventional meal using our FlexiFasting guidelines, for a total of 800-1200 kcal each day.
- Or mix and match to fit in with your lifestyle – some days have 4 Foodpacks and no conventional food, and other days replace 1 or 2 meals with Foodpacks.
- Have plenty of water, coffee and tea (with milk). You can also have LighterLife Drink Mixes and Savoury Broth. (Purchase Drinks mixes and Savoury Broth here)
- Enjoy other LighterLife extras, including Raspberry Jelly, Popped Chips, Mousse Mix and Fibre Mix. (Purchase Extras here)
- Add condiments – salt, pepper, red Tabasco sauce, tablet sweeteners, any type of stevia sweeteners.
Using your Foodpacks
You’ll find full instructions for mixing your Foodpacks on each packet, including recommended water quantities – but it’s fine to increase or decrease the amount of water you add, according to your own personal taste. Here are some tips to get you started.
- To mix hot soups and shakes, add hot water and stir or whisk well, but don’t shake with boiling water.
- For really cold shakes, mix with cold water and a bit of ice, then stir, whisk or shake well.
- For a sweet mousse, pour 200ml cold water into a shaker. Add a sweet Foodpack and 10g (2 tsp) LighterLife Mousse Mix, then blend with a hand blender for 90 seconds and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- For a FastPot, half peel back the lid, pour in boiling water up to the line and stir well. Replace the lid and wait for 5 minutes. Stir again, then enjoy!
- Use a Vanilla Foodpack as a creamer throughout the day for your tea and coffee.
- Once mixed, eat your Foodpacks within 15 minutes to get the maximum nutrition, as the water-soluble vitamins they contain may start to break down in the presence of air and water.
- Some of our Foodpacks are designed to be cooked according to the directions on the packets. We don’t advise cooking any other Foodpacks as that could affect the taste and some of their nutrients, and in the long term this could be detrimental to your health.