“En papillote” means cooking in a bag to lock moisture in and create a steam-cooking effect – ideal for delicate ingredients like white fish.
Serves 1, per serving: 116 kcal, 27g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat, 0g fibre
- 150g cod fillet
- 1 tbsp hot stock (from LighterLife Savoury Broth)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried herbs e.g. parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the cod on a sheet of foil, sprinkle with the stock and herbs, and season. Wrap the foil securely around the fish, leaving a small space between it and the top of the foil, to create the “papillote” (bag).
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 mins, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- You can use greaseproof paper or plastic oven bags in place of foil.
- Plaice with tarragon is a tasty alternative.