Our simple recipe is quick and easy to prepare – and tasty and nutritious to eat!
Serves 1, per serving: 389 kcal, 51g protein, 48g carbs, 11g fat, 3g fibre
- 120g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 150ml skimmed milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g cod fillet, skinned and boned
- 1 small leek, thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp hot stock
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 100g peeled, cooked prawns
- 1 tbsp frozen peas
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas 6.
- Cook the sweet potato in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain well, mash with a splash of the milk and season with black pepper.
- Put the cod in a pan, cover with the rest of the milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, simmer for 4-5 mins then strain, reserving the milk. Cut the fish into chunks.
- Cook the leek in the stock in a non-stick pan for 5 mins, until tender. Stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute and gradually add the reserved milk, stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the cod, prawns, peas and parsley. Season with black pepper.
- Spoon into a deep ovenproof dish and top with the sweet potato. Bake for 15-20 mins, until crisp on top.
A prepared fish-pie mixture is handy for this recipe – it usually contains cod or smoked haddock with salmon and prawns. Lovely served with a crisp green salad.