Serves: 2, 294 kcals per serving
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 x 100g skinless chicken breast
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 100g canned pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 100g canned black beans, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/gas 4.
- Heat a splash of stock in a non-stock frying pan, add the chicken and brown for 5-7 minutes each side. Add the pepper, spring onions, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple, chutney, sugar, curry paste and remaining stock and simmer until thickened. Bake in an ovenproof dish for 15 minutes, then remove the chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Poor the sauce back into the pan, bring to the boil and simmer until thickened. Add the beans and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Serve with the chicken, topped with coriander.