Our TotalFast Diet Replacement (TDR) Plan
Created to keep your body in ketosis, TotalFast is recommended for the most rapid fat lossFind a meeting and get started
TotalFast plan: Lose around 1 stone a month.
Our TotalFast plan is a very-low-calorie diet (VLCD), also known as a total diet replacement plan (TDR), for fast, effective weight loss.
On TotalFast you replace all your ordinary food with 4 of our tasty, nutritious Foodpacks each day – and you can expect to lose around 1st a month!
The great thing about our plan is that you get fast weight loss with 100% nutrition – you can’t get all the protein, fibre, fats, carbs, vitamins and minerals you need in 600 kcal of ordinary food, but that’s exactly what you do get with four LighterLife Foodpacks.
Plus, research shows that people on the TotalFast plan who regularly take part in LighterLife meetings lose 22% more weight – so make a date with us to super-charge your results!
To find out more on how we can support you on your LighterLife Journey and what the options are in your area, just click here.
What you have each day on TotalFast
- EITHER 4 of our 150 kcal VLCD Foodpacks
OR 3 of our 150 kcal VLCD Foodpacks + 1 of our 200 kcal Meal Replacement Foodpacks
- Plenty of water, black tea (from the leaf, not fruit tea) and black coffee – drink to thirst
- LighterLife Extras: Drink Mixes, Fibre Mix, Mousse Mix, Raspberry Jelly, Savoury Broth, Popped Chips. (Purchase Extras here)
- Condiments – salt, pepper, red Tabasco sauce, tablet sweeteners, any type of stevia sweeteners
Using your Foodpacks
You’ll find full instructions for mixing your Foodpacks on each packet, including recommended water quantities – but it’s fine to increase or decrease the amount of water you add, according to your own personal taste. Here are some tips to get you started.
- To mix hot soups and shakes, add hot water and stir or whisk well, but don’t shake with boiling water.
- For really cold shakes, mix with cold water and a bit of ice, then stir, whisk or shake well.
- For a sweet mousse, pour 200ml cold water into a shaker. Add a sweet Foodpack and 10g (2 tsp) LighterLife Mousse Mix, then blend with a hand blender for 90 seconds and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- For a FastPot, half peel back the lid, pour in boiling water up to the line and stir well. Replace the lid and wait for 5 minutes. Stir again, then enjoy!
- Use a Vanilla Foodpack as a creamer throughout the day for your tea and coffee.
- Once mixed, eat your Foodpacks within 15 minutes to get the maximum nutrition, as the water-soluble vitamins they contain may start to break down in the presence of air and water.
- Some of our Foodpacks are designed to be cooked according to the directions on the packets. We don’t advise cooking any other Foodpacks as that could affect the taste and some of their nutrients, and in the long term this could be detrimental to your health.
Create your own Foodpack menu
Download a blank meal planner to plan your TotalFast week.
Want to just get on with it with the minimum of hassle? Here’s one (or two) we prepared earlier – download our suggested meal planners for inspiration.
Try these ideas on your menu:
- Stir LighterLife Drink Mixes into a Vanilla or Chocolate shake.
- Add red Tabasco sauce or black pepper to soups, savoury meals and FastPots.
- A teaspoon of instant coffee granules in Vanilla makes a cappuccino-style drink or add to Chocolate for a mocha.
- Mint Chocolate shake – steep three or four mint teabags in a jug of hot water, leave to cool, then use to mix your shake.
- LighterLife ice cream – crush 12 ice cubes in a food processor, add a sweet Foodpack and a couple of tablespoons of cold water, and blend until slushy.
- LighterLife trifle – mix a LighterLife Raspberry Jelly and set in the fridge. Mix ½ a Strawberry Foodpack with 100ml of cold water, add 5g Mousse Mix and blend with an electric blender for 90 seconds. Pour over the jelly and return to the fridge. Mix 15g of a Vanilla Foodpack with 50ml (3 tbsp) of cold water to a thick consistency, and spoon over the Strawberry as soon as it’s set. Put back in the fridge for a couple of minutes. Finely chop a quarter of a Crispy Peanut bar, sprinkle over the trifle and enjoy immediately.